Monday, February 23, 2009

A week of South Africa: Day 5

When Lesley, Jamie and I were raising money for our trip, we were also asking local businesses to donate any supplies they could to the cause. We ended up with a ton of stuff, including soap, first aid supplies, deodorant, and toothbrushes. Lesley and I wanted to be as low maintenance as possible so we packed both of our stuff in one suitcase and filled the other suitcase full of the donated supplies. We didn't even pack razors. EEEWWWW. (I think my only accessory was a hair tie). We were going all natural that's for sure.
We weren't sure how God was going to use the mini bottles of shampoo but we knew He would come up with something. We ended up dividing everything evenly into plastic bags and Lesley, Jamie, and I were able to pass them out at an AIDS support group for women.
Africa 141
Africa 013

Africa 134Africa 131
Africa 017
Africa 130
Africa 018

No comments: